Getting the most out of Medplus
PLEASE GO TO LATEST NEWS FOR UPDATES ON HOW WE WILL CONTINUE TO PROVIDE SERVICE AT DIFFERENT COVID LEVELS.
- Choose a regular doctor and try to use them at the majority of your visits. At Medplus we strongly believe that continuity of care is very important, and our doctors prefer to get to know their patients well in order to look after them better. You are able to change doctor at wish, just ask our reception team.
- Book ahead so you can get the doctor of your choice for routine appointments; some of our established doctors fill up in advance. When you need to be seen in an emergency or out of hours it may not be your normal doctor.
- Make your appointments online via our portal (open 24/7) or call our friendly receptionists for assistance. At weekends no appointment is needed, but be aware that weekends are busy and really are most appropriate for urgent problems.
- Make sure you book an appropriate length of time. Our appointments are 15 minutes and that includes the doctor's note keeping time too. If you have a long list of issues, please always prioritise and tell us the most important one first. For women, a smear takes a full 15 minutes, so please book a double appointment if you have other things to discuss. For surgery, medicals or travel medicine please speak to our receptionist about booking an appropriate time.
- Do remember to cancel appointments you cannot keep. We ask that you give us at least 2 hours' notice so that there is an opportunity for the appointment to be taken by someone else. We are entitled to charge a fee for missed appointments. We now send a text to remind you of your appointment the night before.
- Remember your appointment is for one person. If you need to discuss a second person, please make 2 appointments.
- Sometimes new health complaints can take several appointments to get under control, allowing time for investigation and follow up. You may be asked to come back for a review.
- Whilst we endeavour to run on time we often thwarted by the unpredictable nature of our business. If we ever do keep you waiting, we apologise for the inconvenience. One of the commonest reasons for us to run late is because of a late arrival earlier on, so please help us stick to time and arrive in time for your appointment.
- Payment is expected at the time of appointment; we do not offer credit.
- If your doctor has indicated that your health condition is stable and that your medications are suited to repeat prescribing you may be able to order repeat prescriptions and see your doctor at a reduced frequency.
- Repeat prescriptions are ordered on line via our portal at a cost of $25. Please allow 2 weekdays for processing.
- The charges mentioned above are for pick up of the prescription at the Medplus reception. If you need your prescription sent directly to a pharmacy of your choice we are happy to help. There will be a $2 handling fee which covers the administrative costs of faxing of the prescription to the pharmacy, follow up posting of the original prescription to the pharmacy and the costs of invoicing.
- No repeats are issued at the weekend because of our reduced staffing levels. If you need more medication you will need a consultation with the GP.
- We are unable to issue repeats to visitors to our practice or for medications not previously prescribed at Medplus.
- Normally repeat prescriptions are collected from our reception desk by the recipient. If someone else is to collect your prescription, we will need authorisation from you to release it.Prescriptions can also be sent to the pharmacy of your choice.