Ready to help you in Level 2
Aug. 27, 2020
READY TO HELP YOU IN LEVEL 2
On 31st August we hope to be down to level 2 in Auckland. We will remain ready to provide all the services you need, but please note, we are still operating with an abundance of caution to keep you and our staff safe from COVID 19.
It is unlikely that you need to be reminded, but the first place where sick people present is at a Medical Centre. We have had COVID cases before and there is a chance we will have more in the future. If we operate safely we keep YOU and YOUR FAMILY SAFE when you come here, we also keep our staff safe (all of whom have their own bubbles that they want to protect) and we want to make sure that Medplus stays open. We may be forced to close for a period if exposed to COVID, which would inconvenience many. So please work within our safety framework so we can best help you.
We so appreciate that so many of you have thanked us for our safe practices, it helps staff moral when they are working in difficult and sometimes hazardous conditions.
Please can you read the following guidelines so there are no surprises when you come to Medplus: -
- All visitors to Medplus are asked to wear a face covering or MASK. A bandana or scarf tied across your face will suffice. If you do not have anything suitable, we can sell you a surgical mask for $1.
- Please book a phone or video consult if possible. This is clearly the easiest way to avoid cross infection. It is very easy, highly convenient, and safe.
- On the portal you will only be able to book a phone or video consult. Please note this is because some of our doctors are only working virtually.
- If you have a cough, cold, sore throat, runny nose, sniffle, or fever please identify this before coming to Medplus and book via reception on 09 4892011. You will be in a RED stream and will be seen in a RED area by a doctor in PPE. As you are unable to enter most of the building you will not be able to pay at reception unfortunately and will be asked to pay by credit card or internet banking.
- RED patients can not enter reception or use any of the facilities in the building, sorry. Please use the bathroom before coming to Medplus
- Anyone for a COVID swab will be seen in the car park. Please book via reception. We are a designated swabbing centre and provide a quick and easy service.
- If you need an appointment on the day you will be given a call back by a senior nurse or GP who will see how best and most safely, we can help you. If it is essential that you have a face to face appointment, we will accommodate that.
- If you have potential COVID symptoms and are streamed RED you will be booked the next available PPE appointment. These are not available all day every day because of the practicality of using a single room that is wiped down between patients and is staffed by a GP in PPE. If you do have RED symptoms you should not be attending work or school and should be isolating, so hopefully you can be very flexible with appointment timings. Not all doctors and nurses are on the RED patient roster.
- If you are coming for an essential face to face consult and do not have any of the RED symptoms, we put you in the GREEN STREAM.
- If you live with anyone who has RED symptoms, you become a RED STREAM patient even if you have no symptoms.
- GREEN patients are met at the front door when their doctor or nurse is ready for them, and their temperature will be taken.
- The waiting room is CLOSED for general use. Please wait in your car. If you have no car, or if you are over 65 or if you are immobile you can be admitted into the waiting room if you are GREEN. Please keep socially distanced and 2m away from anyone else. Please keep your mask on.
- Please have your mobile phone on and ready so we can contact you as you wait in your car in the car park. We will also take your car details. The team waste a lot of time trying to find people in the car park – please be alert to us calling you and looking in cars!!
- If our nurse triages you prior to your appointment, she may bring you into the waiting room if you are GREEN.
- We need to keep track of everyone in the building and wipe down all surfaces touched by visitors after every visit. Please therefore COME ALONE if possible, to help make these processes more manageable. There are times when we appreciate you will need someone with you. Obviously, you will need to escort a sick child, but please leave other children at home. If you can not leave your children at home it is better to book a virtual appointment, by phone or video.
- If your escort has any RED symptoms they can not come into the building unfortunately.
- Our nurses are providing all the normal services other than spirometry, which is not deemed safe at level 2.
- Access to radiology and pharmacy is via the outside of the building just to minimise foot traffic in reception. We are sorry for the inconvenience.
- Even if you are GREEN we are trying to keep our face to face exposure to you limited to under 10 minutes. If you have a complex issue and or need a double appointment, we may conduct as much of it as possible by phone and only bring you in the building for a short time.