RAT Testing and the process if you test positive
March 1, 2022
RAT TESTING AT MEDPLUS
We are now testing with supervised RATS.
- Please make an appointment via reception on 09 489 2011
- This is only available to our enrolled patients, not visitors sorry – we have no extra capacity
- Only for people with symptoms, or household contacts on day 3 or 10 of isolation
- This is a drive through test – please stay in your car
- We do not have the give away RAT tests at this time – we must process it ourselves which takes time and there is significant paperwork involved for our team
- We will text you with a result later the same day
- Remember to isolate whilst you are waiting for a test result
- RATS are not 100% accurate – if your symptoms do not resolve consider repeating in a couple of days.
- Ideally you will get a phone call once your positive test is put up on the COVID management website by public health – there have been significant delays in this happening as the system is stretched.
- Medplus now must look after all the COVID calls for our patients and the sheer numbers are becoming unworkable. Other agencies are swamped.
- We risk assess and prioritise phone calls to those who are more at risk of severe illness.
- The call is likely to come from an unidentified number, please answer as we lose a significant amount of time having to call those who do not answer back.
- If you are getting unwell and are concerned, please call Medplus on 09 489 2011 so we can help you. Alternatively call an ambulance.
- If we have a chance, we will call you on day 10 to release you from isolation but this will depend on our capacity each day.
- Please refer to https://medplus.co.nz/news/entry/so-you-have-tested-positive-covid-19-what-now/ for advice on how to self-manage COVID.
- What we are seeing generally is those who are fully vaccinated and boosted are having minor or no symptoms – it is still not too late to get a vaccine.
- Be aware that we are completely stretched at this time, with staff in isolation and huge demand for services. We are trying our very best to continue to support you.