Looking forward to helping you in Level 1
Oct. 6, 2020
LOOKING FORWARD TO HELPING YOU IN LEVEL 1
On 8th October we will be down to level 1 in Auckland. We continue to provide all the services you need, but please note, we are still operating with additional precautions in place to ensure that Medplus is a safe place for everyone to visit, especially those who are frail or vulnerable. We are offering face to face, phone, and video consultations.
It is unlikely that you need to be reminded, but the first place where sick people present is at a Medical Centre. We have had COVID cases before and there is a chance we will have more in the future. If we operate safely we keep YOU and YOUR FAMILY SAFE when you come here, we also keep our staff safe (all of whom have their own bubbles that they want to protect) and we want to make sure that Medplus stays open. We may be forced to close for a period if staff are exposed to COVID, which would inconvenience many. So please work within our safety framework so we can best help you.
We appreciate that so many of you have thanked us for our safe practices so far. It has been challenging at times, but we believe worth the investment in time and energy.
You will see we have a new portacabin in our carpark, this is for our RED CLINIC. Any patients who have symptoms that are compatible with possible COVID 19 are seen in the cabin by a doctor in PPE. Previously our Red Clinic clinicians have had to work in the car park come rain or shine. Given COVID may be around for some while we are ensuring we can totally segregate our Red and Green streams of patients, regardless of the weather, as per national guidelines.
Please can you read the following guidelines so there are no surprises when you come to Medplus: -
- All visitors to Medplus are asked to wear a face covering or MASK. A bandana or scarf tied across your face will suffice. If you do not have anything suitable, we can sell you a surgical mask for $1. Children under 12 do not have to wear a mask. If you are not wishing to wear a mask, we will happily conduct a phone or video consultation instead of a face to face.
- Please book a phone or video consult if appropriate. This is clearly the easiest way to avoid cross infection. It is very easy, highly convenient, and saves a journey. It is not suitable for those who need a physical examination – so please think carefully about this. It is ideal for long term health conditions that need regular review, for example, depression, epilepsy, heart disease. It is also good for the discussion of results. It is not appropriate for infections, abdominal pain etc.
- On the portal you still will only be able to book a phone or video consult, a day in advance. For on the day consultations and for face to face consultations please call reception on 09 4892011 to book. This is because we need to screen patients into red and green streams if they are coming into the building.
- If you have a cough, cold, sore throat, runny nose, sniffle, or fever please identify this before coming to Medplus and book via reception on 09 4892011. You will be in a RED stream and will be seen in our Red Cabin by a doctor in PPE. As you are unable to enter most of the building you will not be able to pay at reception unfortunately and will be asked to pay by credit card or internet banking.
- RED patients cannot enter reception or use any of the facilities in the building, sorry. Please use the bathroom before coming to Medplus
- Anyone for a COVID swab will be seen in the car park or Red Cabin. Please book via reception. We are a designated swabbing centre and provide a quick and easy service. Swabs are free for those with any respiratory symptoms. There is a charge for those who need swabs for travel overseas.
- If you need an appointment on the day you will be given a call back by a senior nurse or GP who will see how best and most safely, we can help you.
- If you have potential COVID symptoms and are streamed RED you will be booked the next available PPE appointment. These are not available all day every day because of the practicality of using the Red Cabin that is wiped down between patients and is staffed by a GP in PPE. If you do have RED symptoms you should not be attending work or school and should be isolating, so hopefully you can be very flexible with appointment timings. Not all doctors and nurses are on the RED patient roster.
- If you are coming for a face to face consult and do not have any of the RED symptoms, we put you in the GREEN STREAM.
- If you live with anyone who has RED symptoms, you become a RED STREAM patient even if you have no symptoms.
- GREEN patients are met at the front door by one of our Health Care Assistants when their doctor or nurse is ready for them, and their temperature will be taken.
- The waiting room is socially distanced, and use should be minimised. Please wait in your car if you prefer after checking in at the door. Please keep socially distanced and 2m away from anyone else. Please keep your mask on. Please do not arrive until the time of your appointment so the waiting room remains as empty as possible. No one with Red symptoms is allowed in the waiting room sorry.
- Please have your mobile phone on and ready so we can contact you if you wait in your car in the car park. We will also take your car details. The team waste a lot of time trying to find people in the car park – please be alert to us calling you and looking in cars!!
- We need to keep track of everyone in the building and wipe down all surfaces touched by visitors after every visit. Please therefore COME ALONE if possible, to help make these processes more manageable. There are times when we appreciate you will need someone with you. Obviously, you will need to escort a sick child, but please leave other children at home. If you cannot leave your children at home it is better to book a virtual appointment, by phone or video.
- If your escort has any RED symptoms, they cannot come into the building unfortunately.
- Our nurses are providing all the normal services at level 1. Those needing spirometry will need a Covid test prior.